July 13, 2007

One Year!

As of this Sunday, Adam and I will be married for a whole year. I feel great. I have learned so much this year. I used to have so many fears. I was scared of divorce because my parents are divorced, I was nervous about finances bc everyone said "you'll never have money again", I thought we would kill each other bc people told me that our first year of marriage would be the most challenging (others said the worst comes AFTER the first year)! Goodness gracious, if I've learned anything it is that marriage is like everything else - marriage is what you make it. Sure, its tough, but so is being single!
We've had so much fun this year. We've each survived holiday's with the in-laws, Tax-season, 2 kitchen fires, Adam's terrible case of food poisoning, and 2 and a half weeks at Travis' house with Rick, Ritter, Izzy, David, and Lance (If I could do that, I could do anything). We've had some really great times too. There was all of the ice-storms this winter where we sat in front of the fireplace drinking hot chocolate, Our first 2 weeks of summer where we laid on an air mattress in the middle of our living room watching episode after episode of LOST, and of course our canoe trip in the pouring rain. I am so happy with Adam. He is easy going, smart, loving, gracious, a hard worker, a gourmet chef, and above all, a Godly husband. Everything I ever wanted and more. The longer I am with him, the more I respect him, the more I trust him, and the more I miss him when he's not around. We have had a wonderful year together. One year down, many more to go!
-ABliss

No comments:

Post a Comment